It’s been a long time, we shouldn’t have left you, without a dope video of me drinking and reviewing to step to….
Just Travel Things: Florida in 3 Weeks!
The weather here in NYC is just abysmal and I’m overdue for a tan. I miss heat. I miss not having to wear a jacket and a coat! If you’ve followed my interests at all, you should know that I’m going to PlayList Live in Orlando in a few weeks. I’ve been dieting, yoga-ing, plotting, planning, shopping, daydreaming, and generally being way too excited for the long weekend that awaits. Did you know I love travelling? I absolutely love it; From 4am cab rides to airplane turbulence, to staying in a foreign bed, and eating and drinking about town.
Well if you didn’t know all that jazz, now you do, and that means you can look forward to me blogging about different travel things I enjoy!
♪“I watch the patchwork farms // slow fade into the ocean’s arms // calm down // release your cares // the stale taste of recycled air.”♪ These are lyrics to my favorite flight song, “Recycled Air” by The Postal Service. Their entire album Give Up is super relaxing to listen to in-flight, but I just like making new playlists for every new escapade.
I have 2 tips for building a relatively dope flight playlist:
1. Look for songs about flying. Start with the basics:
- “Come Fly With Me” by Frank Sinatra
- “Leaving on a Jet Plane” by John Denver
- “A Whole New World” from Aladdin
- “Fly Away” Lenny Kravitz
- “Fly Like an Eagle” Seal (yes, the dank version from the Space Jam Soundtrack)
- “Learn to Fly” Foo Fighters
- “Rocketman” by Elton John
2. Look for songs about your destination. Since I’m going to Orlando, I’m just gonna put songs by Disney, tropical sounding songs (like Beach Boys stuff), and Flo-Rida, but I’m sure if you’re going somewhere awesome, you should work on building that list. My NYC list is INSANE.
So that’s part one of this series on travel! I’ll keep this going because it’s one of my favorite things to do!